As we told you earlier that Pod2g has announce the releasing of his iOS 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak and then we showed you how to jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 untethered using Corona tweak. Now the iPhone Dev Team has released Redsn0w 0.9.10 b1 to jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 untethered on iPhone, iPod touch, iPad (A4 devices only). As we know that Pod2g has handed over his iOS 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak for both iPhone and Chronic Dev Teams. Chronic Dev Team has released the iOS 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak into Cydia package and iPhone Dev Team released it into RedsnOw 0.9.10 b1.
- iPhone 4 (CDMA).
- iPhone 4 (GSM).
- iPhone 3GS.
- iPod touch 4G.
- iPod touch 3G.
- iPad 1.
From iPhone Dev Team’s blog:
- If you have one of those devices and are not on 5.0.1 yet, update now! The SHSH window is still open for 5.0.1 If you unlock via ultrasn0w or gevey, make sure you only get to 5.0.1 via a custom IPSW! Once you’re at 5.0.1, use the latest redsn0w 0.9.10 to both jailbreak and untether.
- If you’re already at 5.0.1 with a tethered jailbreak, you have two choices: either run redsn0w 0.9.10 over your current jailbreak (deselect “Install Cydia” if you do that), or install the Cydia package prepared by the chronic devteam. The patches are the same regardless of which you choose.
- Some of you are using a hybrid 5.0/5.0.1 configuration. If so, do not attempt to install this untether over that setup! You will most likely get into a reboot cycle. Do a sync and fresh restore to 5.0.1 then install the jailbreak + untether.http://jailbreakapp.net/download-itunes-10-5-2-now-new-improvements-for-itunes-match-and-fixes-audio-distortion-problem/
Update 1: The iPhone Dev Team has released Redsn0w 0.9.10 b2 to Fix iOS 5.0.1 untethered jailbreak problem.
Download Redsn0w 0.9.10 b1 For Windows. Download Redsn0w 0.9.10 b1 For Mac. Download Redsn0w 0.9.10 b2 For Windows. Download Redsn0w 0.9.10 b2 For Mac.
Update 2: The iPhone Dev Team Released Redsn0w 0.9.10 b3 to Fix MobileSubstrate issue.
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.10 b3 For Windows.(be sure to run in Administrator mode)
- Download Redsn0w 0.9.10 b3 For Mac.
- Download iOS 5.0.1 Firmware For iPhone, iPod touch and iPad.
- Download iTunes.
How To Jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 Untethered On iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod touch 4G, 3G, iPad 1 [Guide]:
Step 1: Connect your device with your computer and launch iTunes then restore to iOS 5.0.1. (If you are already on iOS 5.0.1 Skip this Step).
Step 2: Open Redsn0w, and hit on “Jailbreak” button.
Step 3: Now click on “Install Cydia” and then hit “Next”.
Note: Plug your device into the computer and make sure it’s off before hitting the “Next” button.
Step 4: Now you have to follow the on-screen instruction to put your device into DFU mode.
Step 5: Wait more few minutes, your device will be rebooted and you will successfully get your device that running iOS 5.0.1 Fully untethered jailbroken.
How To Jailbreak iOS 5.0.1 Untethered On iPhone 4, 3GS, iPod touch 4G, 3G, iPad 1 [Video Guide]:
This Video Prepared by Limera1n.cc
If you are already have a tethered jailbreak on your device you can update it to untethered jailbreak using a new jailbreak app by following our previous guide Posted Here.You can follow us on Twitter, join our Facebook Fanpage and add me on Google+ to keep yourself updated on the latest jailbreak and unlock news.